Due to its texture and juiciness, eggplant works well in faux “meat” dishes. If you have Healthy Careers favorites like quinoa and rolled oats on hand, you can easily whip these up. Serve yummy veggie “meatballs” over whole-wheat pasta with a fresh and healthy tomato sauce!
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Boil eggplant until soft.
- In a skillet, cook the onion and garlic in olive oil on high, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer onion/garlic and eggplant to the bowl of a food processor. Add the quinoa, parsley, red pepper flakes and rolled oats. Pulse until just combined and chopped, but not pureed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and roll eggplant mixture into 6 "meatballs", about 2-inches in diameter.
- Transfer balls to the baking sheet and bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, prepare spaghetti and sauce according to package instructions