Italian cooking has always been big on cornmeal—a.k.a. “polenta”, which can be quite flavorful. This recipe lends itself to whatever the home cook feels like. Make it spicy, by choosing a zesty brand name polenta or marinara sauce, or keep it simple with classic flavors. Double this recipe’s ingredients and make enough for a family—big or small, you’ll love your portion!
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Open the tube of polenta. Using your hands or a potato masher, crumble the polenta and evenly spread it over a 9X13 baking dish.
- Open a can of marina sauce and, using a fork, blend it in with the polenta.
- Lay thawed (not frozen) chicken breasts on top of the polenta and top with mozarella, basil, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes.