Healthy Careers Recipe Contest!
Getting Healthy: Tasty Contest that Brings Big Prizes to the Table!
In permanent healthcare jobs, as well as travel nursing and therapist jobs, staying healthy is important. Studies show, having nutritious meals each day that include fruits and vegetables, helps your immune system remain strong and can prevent illness. In the spirit of this, American Traveler is launching its first-ever healthy recipe contest for healthcare professionals, such as RN’s, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Techs, PA’s, Physicians, nursing school students and more. The competition is ongoing and begins now!
View healthy recipe submissions. The recipes are quick and easy to make, nutritious, and require only a few ingredients.
Grand Prize awarded to a quarterly winner. American Traveler will post healthy recipes each week on our blog, as well as our Facebook and Twitter. This contest is ongoing; we’ll be choosing a quarterly winner throughout 2014.
Award Dates: Q1 prizes awarded during the first week of April 2014. Q2 prize awarded during the first week of July 2014. Q3 prize awarded during the first week of October 2014. Q4 prize awarded during the third week of January 2015.
- Grand Prize: $200 American Express Gift Card
HOW TO ENTER YOUR OWN SWEET OR SAVORY HEALTHY RECIPE:
Healthcare professionals should send us your recipes via these two options:
- Submit your recipe right from this site by visiting our recipe submission page »
- Emailing us at email@example.com . You may cut and paste the recipe directly into the email, or attach it as a Microsoft Word document. Subtitle your email: HEALTHY RECIPES and give us a brief description of why you like to make this dish and why you think it’s healthy! You must provide your professional credentials that include: first and last name, email address, healthcare profession, and state of licensure with licensure number.
HOW TO QUALIFY TO WIN THE QUARTERLY HEALTHY RECIPE CONTEST:
Each quarter, the Winner will be selected based on feedback from our social media users, ie. “likes” and “shares’ on Facebook, Re-Tweets , Pins on Pinterest, and the general consensus of opinion among staff in our corporate office. The Winner will be announced via our Facebook page and notified via email. The Winner must be an active healthcare professional with a current license; which will be verified by our staff.
- Your recipe must be considered “healthy” and fall into this qualification. A healthy recipe starts with healthy ingredients that are as good for you as they are delicious. Submitted recipes should emphasize nutrient-rich, unprocessed and, whenever possible, in-season and local foods.
- Your recipe must be at least 80% original and not copied from a recipe posted on another website. If you submit an unoriginal recipe, it will be disqualified from this contest (rule effective on 6/18/13)
- Must include a recipe title
- Must include quantity for each ingredient in your healthy recipe.
- Since the winner will be announced in our Facebook page, we really encourage you to “Like” the Health Career Facebook page to stay informed.
- You must provide your professional credentials that include: first and last name, email address, healthcare profession, and state of licensure with licensure number
- U.S.A. Citizens and Residents only with a U.S.A. address. P.O. Box not accepted
Recipe Contest Rules
Please submit one photo of yourself and one of your dish (this is optional, but highly encouraged) and the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Healthcare Profession (RN, PT,PTA, OT, COTA, SLP, Physician, PA, Tech)
- State of Licensure with Licensure number.
- Note: Your personal information will not be included in your recipe post nor shared in any manner
Contest Kickoff Features an Aromatic, Savory Roast Chicken Recipe! (Check it out »)
This dish is perfect for a cozy winter’s night, and sure to make guests reach for seconds! You are what you eat, and we want to help ensure this equals FABULOUS! Try Nance Warner’s low-fat, high protein Garlic Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon.
Good Luck to All Tasters and Contestants on Their Quest for Healthy Careers
Remember, that the contents of your pantry and refrigerator are your own best defense against weight gain, illness and host of diseases. Let your kitchen be your sanctuary. Check in regularly to see edible testimony of what healthy careers are all about: walking through the door after work, relaxing, and putting a fantastic meal together with confidence and ease.