“What’s for dinner?” is a simple enough question, but the answer requires a little finesse. The last thing busy healthcare professionals want are last-minute trips to the grocery store; that’s why Healthy Careers has come to your rescue with a complete grocery list that rings in at $50 for a week’s worth of healthy dinners. Shop once and make easy, delicious recipes—valued priceless by your taste buds, and about $10 per plate at check-out!
Your 5 Healthy Recipes for this Week
Preparing healthy recipes like the ones listed here make it easy to segue from one meal to the next—and better yet, each one of these entrees has a star nutrient or vitamin that keeps you glowing. Find out more about the specific health benefits of bok choy, ginger and more; then click the links to get to the healthy recipes!
- Ginger Lime Chicken Stir Fry: this recipe features Chinese cabbage, a.k.a. bok choy, which belongs to the cruciferous vegetable family, and as such has specific benefits for cancer prevention.
- Pan Seared Cod on Arugula Salad with Bell Pepper Topping: this is a smorgasbord of protein and healthy Omega 3 fats.
- Chicken & Rice Salad with Roasted Acorn Squash: the beauty of this recipe is that it teaches you how to effortlessly roast acorn squash in large reusable quantities!
- Super Stuffed Sweet Potatoes: these live up to the “super” in their name, offering superior fiber content, magnesium, iron, Vitamin D and Beta carotene. They also taste like dessert!
- Hot and Sour Mushroom and Barley Soup: like the other recipes on this list, is big on ginger. Ginger is a favorite spice among health and wellness gurus. It not only tastes great, but fights cramps, soothes sore muscles, and calms dry winter skin.
Healthy Careers Has Your Grocery List for a Week of Superior Dining!
Busy healthcare professionals interested in making the 5 aforementioned recipes, need only buy the following ingredients:
- Arugula, 5 oz.
- Baby bok choy, 1 lb
- Rainbow swiss chard, 1 bunch
- Garlic, 1 head
- Ginger root, ¼ pound
- Cilantro, 1 bunch
- Lemon, 1
- Limes, 2
- White Mushrooms, 8 ounces
- Scallions, 1 bunch
- Onions, 3 pound bag
- Flat-leaf parsley, 1 bunch
- Bell peppers, 4-count bag
- Acorn squash, 1
- Sweet potatoes, 2 pounds
Meat & Seafood
- Cod, 2 fillets
- Skinless, boneless chicken thighs, 1 ½ pounds
Crumbled Feta cheese, 4-ounce tub
- Dried cranberries, 5-ounce bag
- Brown rice, 16-ounce bag
- Pearl barley, 16-ounce box
- Olive Oil
- Beef broth, 14.5-ounce can
- Kosher Salt and ground pepper
- Sliced almonds, 2.25-ounce bag
All-purpose flour, 2-pound bag
Bon Appetite, Friends!
If you like what you see in this Healthy Careers blog post, be sure to tune in weekly for more healthy recipes, plus health and wellness advice sure to enhance your lifestyle. New recipes and fitness articles are featured every week! Happy cooking everyone!