These cookies turn out nice and big once they’re baked, packing in lots of fiber thanks to the rolled oats. With the all spice, cinnamon and nutmeg present in this recipe, your home with smell like Santa Claus Lane! Note that there is no butter in this recipe—applesauce works just as well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, blend the apple sauce, honey and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg white, all spice and nutmeg.
- In a small separate bowl, toss the apple pieces with cinnamon and, optionally, splash of vanilla extract. Add the apples to the mixing bowl, along with flour, baking soda and salt. Blend until just combined.
- Stir in the oats, mixing lightly so the oats stay intact.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, drop a tablespoon of cookie batter into 3 rows, about two inches apart, about 4 cookies per row.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until cookies are a nice golden color. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool before using a spatula.