Garlic Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon comes together in your kitchen in about the amount of time it takes for pizza or take-out food to arrive—and it’s so much healthier! This fresh and savory roasted chicken recipe fills your home with the scent of aromatic herbs and citrus. Better yet, the dish offers high protein, is low in fat and calories (just 326 cal per serving), and gives you a great excuse to use your lemon zester.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange chicken in a baking dish, 9 by 13-inch.
- Add garlic, rosemary, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon zest and grill seasoning, or salt and pepper to the dish.
- Toss and coat the chicken with all ingredients, then place in oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Add wine and lemon juice to the dish and combine with pan juices.
- Return to oven and turn oven off.
- Let stand 5 minutes longer, and then remove chicken from the oven.
- Place baking dish on trivet and serve, spooning pan juices over the chicken pieces.