For breakfast lovers, it doesn’t get any better than these “berry” good pancakes. Drenched in their own separate recipe for home-made blueberry syrup, J. Collins , R.N., included lots of other fun details in her Healthy Careers contest entry—like how to speed up the cooking process with a milk and vinegar trick that makes the pancake batter bubble up.
- Stir together dry ingredients. In a small bowl, microwave the milk and vinegar on high for about 2 minutes until hot; add this mixture to the flour.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs; then add them to the flour.
- Stir together until just blended, but still slightly lumpy.
- Fold in the blueberries into your pancake mix.
- If using a griddle, turn temperature to 300 degrees; turn stovetop to high. Measure 1/4 measuring cup of pancake mix onto griddle or in skillet. Cook until bubbles appear and flip to cook the other side to a nice golden brown.
- For the syrup, place blueberries in a small pot and heat on high. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until blueberries are soft, and break open. Mix in the maple syrup. Ladle enough syrup to drizzle (or pour) over pancakes.