Long hot peppers are in season in the Fall, and it’s thanks to Samantha C., Med-Surge R.N. that we have this recipe, highlighting such a tasty fact! If your region doesn’t have long hots, you can always use poblano peppers instead. This flavorful, seafood dish is low-fat and loaded with nutrients; a serving size is 3 peppers per person, so up to 4 can enjoy this healthy recipe!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lay long hot peppers on a cutting board and slice down the length of them; cut the tops off the peppers. Remove the seeds and ribs.
- Arrange the 12 peppers on a baking sheet.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan and sauté onions, mushrooms and celery.
- In a separate bowl, mix the crab meat, Greek yogurt and bread crumbs.
- Using a regular sized spoon, stuff each pepper with the crab meat mixture and sautéed vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and enjoy!