This versatile chicken dish shows you how to whip up your own healthy salad dressing—but the real star are the Brussels sprouts; you’ll never want to eat them without chicken (or almonds!) again. This recipe makes enough to share with a friend…or enjoy the rest later!
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts on both sides with salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and slice into cuts appropriate for your salad.
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon and garlic until just combined. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and whisk thoroughly.
- For the salad: In a separate bowl, toss the cooked quinoa, kale, Brussels sprouts and almonds together. Add the dressing and toss once more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture among 2 serving plates and top each with a sliced chicken breast. Enjoy!