This is an easy-to-make pasta salad that takes its inspiration from the classic caprese salad of mozarella, tomato and basil. It's best served just warm or at room temperature.
8 oz farfalle pasta (whole grain or Barilla "Plus")
1 pint cherry tomatoes
4 ounces fresh mozarella
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste, garlic salt if preferred
- Cut fresh mozarella into bite-size pieces, roughly chop basil
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half, toss with mozarella, olive oil, vinegar, and fresh basil in a small bowl
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions
- Drain pasta and place in serving bowl
- Toss with tomato, cheese and olive oil mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper (or garlic salt) to taste.
L LaMon, American Traveler