Healthy Careers' contest entry, is that it makes a big enough batch to take into work and share with friends OR place in the freezer for up to a month. Panzarotti, aka “ponzos” are like mini empanadas—both savory and satisfying for breakfast or a snack!
- Add oil to a large skillet and cook the onions on medium heat, 3 to 5 minutes until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Add herbs, and a small amount of seasonings to the egg mixture.
- When onion is thoroughly cooked add the eggs to the skillet and stir in a circle until they just resemble scramble eggs. Remove skillet from heat.
- On a flat surface, divide dough into 6 portions and roll in flour to form a circle shape, about 7"-8" in diameter and 1/4" thickness.
- On one side of circle add some eggs, red peppers, chicken and shredded cheeses. Fold empty side over and crimp edges with a fork, or fold edges over dough continuing around the half circle until sealed completely. Place on greased baking sheet.
- Do this with the remaining dough pieces, and brush with vegetable oil, so that they brown nicely in the oven.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until golden.