Whether preparing Arborio rice the traditional way, or cooking a packaged risotto, the end result is the same: a very satisfying and hearty dinner. Play up the tastiness even more by adding sautéed shrimp, fresh dill and savory leeks—this is a recipe that lets you welcome the New Year in high style!
- In a skillet, cook the shrimp, leeks and dill in olive oil on medium high heat, until leeks are soft and shrimp shrink down, turning pink, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the rice or packaged risotto into a Dutch oven or casserole dish; pour in the vegetable broth until rice is submerged; if you are using a mix that comes with a seasoning pouch, stir it in. Broth should cover rice completely, rising about an inch above the risotto.
- With a spatula, empty contents of shrimp sauté into the Dutch oven. Add the lemon zest and give the whole risotto mixture a thorough stir. Cover with lid. If you do not have a lid, use aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until risotto is soft and fluffy and shrimp and vegetables are golden brown.